Christmas Countdown!

Hello there friends, family, strangers of the internet.. Thank you for spending a few minutes out of your day to stumble upon my resurfaced blog!

This year, I wanted to challenge myself to do something different. Anyone who knows me will know that I am a Christmas fanatic.. I am pretty much like Buddy in Elf.. I am that real life Christmas Elf who actually happens to be elf-sized πŸŽ… πŸŽ„ (and smiling is my favourite! 😁)



Whether you are a fan of Christmas or not, you can't deny that there is something special and incredibly uplifting about this time of year. If you don't like Christmas, no problem - it isn't for everyone, but I will still say Merry Christmas to you all.. Or a bah humbug.. Whatever you prefer πŸ˜‰ Like many of us, I do love all the festivities of the lights, getting cosy, watching films, gift giving and food and drinks galore.. But for me, like the old fashioned mind I am and without sounding too clichΓ©d; it all leads back to thinking of the ones we all truly cherish around us.

This time of year can be extremely hard for people who may have lost loved ones, are lonely or are in vulnerable situations. Two years ago, our family lost my dear Grandad Gordon within the Christmas period. A time when you are expected to be upbeat, being 'merry and bright' seemed impossible: all those things became lost. I know how hard that feeling is, and for some as the years go by, it doesn't get any easier. It is a matter of making the best out of what you have. If I could place one word that would be the epitome of Christmas it would undoubtedly be my Grandad. He oozed fun, positivity, kindness and all what Christmas spirit is all about. This is what I learnt best from him! Christmas is the time to bring joy to those who may not feel that way. After all, everyone deserves to feel loved and appreciated at Christmas.. however mushy that sounds! And yes, I may have been quoting Cindy loo-hoo from the Grinch (Apologies for another film reference!) I'm only highlighting how much I honestly love this time of year.. πŸ™ˆ

This year I have decided to restart my blog to update you as much as possible with a snippet (photo, reflection, cheery insight) into the teeny tiny things that can hopefully bring a smile to someone's day, however big or small. I have decided to call it #decemberpocketsofgoodness. Tonight, I am spending my first evening of December with my Mum and Dad - eating good food and putting up the Christmas tree whilst drinking mulled wine 🍷

Here's to you all having a very merry Christmas and I look forward to sharing my little pockets of goodness with you all! If you wish to contribute, share ideas or add to my hashtag, feel free - the more the merrier!



Lots of love,
Fleur ✨πŸ’“ 

Comments

Popular Posts